Since the storm event on Friday 29 October, there are still around 2,400 Wellington residents without electricity. Many of these residents live outside major towns, so do not have access to mains water or gas. This means they are also without running water and heating. This is now Day 4 of the power outage for the 2,400 properties.
- The Wellington community has come together, as it always does, to provide assistance in the form of hot meals for hundreds of people on Saturday and Sunday nights in the towns of Devon North, Yarram, Loch Sport, Binginwarri, Coongulla, Seaspray, Golden Beach.
- These hot meals were co-ordinated and provided by Cathy Cook at Yarram Community House (and her volunteers) and various Lions Clubs in Wellington.
- Tonight (1 November), hot meals will be provided at Devon North and Binginwarri.
- Council has and continues to provide hot showers at Aqua Energy in Sale, the Yarram Recreation Reserve and Devon North Hall.
Phone /device charging:
- Continues to be available at the Yarram library and the Port of Sale.
- Council’s Wellington Relief Line is able assist Wellington residents who need further assistance, including referral to other services. Call 1300 137 218 (9am-5pm weekdays, including Melbourne Cup Day).
- Council is providing no-fee green waste disposal at all its waste facilities (except Dargo) for the month of November.