To subscribe to Wellington Shire Council's e-newsletter the 'Digital Edit' please submit your details below.
You can also view current and past issues of the Digital Edit here.
Media enquiries and requests should be directed to the Communications and Media Unit by calling 1300 366 244.
You can also contact Council's Coordinator Communications and Media by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is not appropriate for Media agencies to contact the Mayor or Councillors directly, please contact Council's Communications and Media unit to arrange contact.
Commercial filming activities such as feature films, advertising, documentaries and music videos utilising public space within the Wellington Shire may require Council permission, or the issuing of a permit.
A film permit ensures public space is used safely and in accordance with all applicable legislation, local laws and regulations. At the same time, it ensures any disruption is minimal, public land and facilities are managed effectively and that anyone who may potentially be impacted is notified.
The Filming Approval Act 2014 (Vic) sets in place specific standards for public agencies processing and approving permits for commercial filming.
Further information, including permit requests, is available by contacting the Communications & Media Coordinator on the details provided above.
Social media is a useful tool for Wellington Shire Council to communicate with the community and in turn it's also an effective tool for the community to give their feedback and engage in two-way conversations. In order to ensure social media is used in a respectful and appropriate manner, the following rules are in place for Council and community members using social media in relation to Council business.
Third party posts to Wellington Shire Council social media channels are not representative of the opinions of Council, nor do we confirm their accuracy. However, we will always do our best to remove any inappropriate content in a timely manner.
Wellington Shire Council's social media channels have been created to provide an online community for residents. Please do not post content that falls into the following categories:
• Abusive, defamatory or obscene.
• Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading.
• In violation of any intellectual property right of another.
• In violation of any law, regulation or the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
• Trolling or intention to deliberately disrupt conversation.
• Otherwise inappropriate or offensive unacceptable content, comments or contributions may include, but are not limited to, content which is considered by the administrators to be:
○ Humiliating, rude, offensive.
○ Gossip, rumour-spreading.
○ Sexist, racist, homophobic.
○ Belittling, bullying, harassing, threatening.
○ Condoning violence in any form. Such content will be removed and where such content persists, may result in access restrictions.
○ Advertising materials or any content that sells any good or services, any surveys, contents, chain letters, spam or other unsolicited commercial messages will be deleted and access restrictions may be imposed.
We also encourage everyone to respect each other and be mindful of the tone of the conversation.
Wellington Shire Council accepts no responsibility for comments made on our social media pages. We will remove any posts that fall into the above categories, and repeat offenders may be blocked from contributing to the Wellington Shire Council page.
Wellington Shire Council will respond to genuine questions made by users commenting on our pages between 9am- 5pm AEST time, Monday to Friday. Council may not respond if your comment is a general statement, a conversation with other community members or if it falls into the inappropriate categories listed above.