If you are a secondary school student and are interested in working for local government, consider applying for a work experience placement with Wellington Shire Council.
Your work experience placement will introduce you to the daily life of our employees. You will gain hands-on experience in the day-to-day operations of one of our departments.
Areas of Wellington Shire Council that may offer work experience include:
- Built & Natural Environment: Built Environment, Natural Environment & Parks, Assets & Projects.
- Development: Economic Development, Land Use Planning, Regulatory Services.
- Corporate Services: Finance, Information Services, People and Capability, Organisational Performance & Governance.
- Community & Culture: Arts & Culture, Communities, Facilities & Emergencies, Leisure Services.
Conditions of work experience:
- Students from secondary schools within the Wellington Shire Council area will have priority placement.
- The relevant education institution or program provider must cover personal Injury Insurance for the student.
- Information obtained while undertaking work experience is confidential and must not be divulged to any other party.
- Generally, if you have already completed work experience at Wellington Shire Council, additional placements will not be available.
- Please note that while we will place as many students as possible, not all applications will be able to be accepted.
How to request a work experience placement at Wellington Shire Council:
All work experience opportunities are managed through Gippsland East Local Learning and Employment Network (GELLEN).
Search and apply for work experience opportunities on the Structured Workplace Learning portal.
Any questions, please contact us.