Key features of the VicSmart permit process are:
- A decision is expected to be made by Council officers within 10 business days
- Classes of VicSmart applications are specified in the planning scheme
- The applicant is expected to submit all necessary information with the application including any referral authority approval before lodging the application to Council
- Applications are exempt from public advertising (notification)
- The application is only assessed against specific pre-set decision guidelines
- Only the applicant has a right of review to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
To qualify for the VicSmart permit process, your proposal must be listed and located in a zone or overlay under the VicSmart classes of application. The Applicant's Guide to Lodging a VicSmart Application will help you to determine whether your Planning Permit application qualifies under the VicSmart permit process. The guide will advise you on how to prepare and lodge a VicSmart application and what information you must submit with your application.
Applying for a VicSmart Planning Permit
To apply for a VicSmart Planning Permit you will need to submit:
- A completed VicSmart Application Form and Credit Card Payment Form
- Plans (site plans, floor plans and elevation plans) - Example plans are available on the Applying for a Planning Permit page.
- Written description of the proposal and a response to the relevant requirements of the Wellington Planning Scheme (e.g. zones, any overlays and relevant policies);
- A current copy of title including a Registered Search Statement and Copy of Plan (less than three months old). You can purchase a copy of title from the Landata website.
- The planning fee (please check with Council's Planning Facilitator if you are unsure).
The Credit Card Payment Form can be emailed to email@example.com with your completed application form and supporting documentation.
It is preferred that all applications be emailed (no hard copies are required if you lodge electronically).
Example plans are available from the Applying for a Planning Permit page.