To ensure Wellington Shire is the best it can be, now and into the future, Council is updating four key plans, which cover resource allocation, a long-term vision, assets and finances - and you are invited to help shape them.
The four-year Wellington Shire Council Plan identifies priorities for action and determines how Council will allocate resources to make them happen across community projects, key economic issues, the environment and more.
As a Your Wellington Your Say member, you can have your say on what matters. (If you're receiving this email because you've registered for the Wellington Digital Edit but you're yet to sign in to Your Wellington Your Say for the first time, please use your email address to reset your password to access the site.)
This year, Council also wants to hear from you about its long-term Wellington 2020 Community Vision.
The 2030 Community Vision sets out the community's long-term hopes for the future of our shire. As the 2030 Vision was developed in 2017, Council wants to see how the first four years of delivery against it have gone and check if it needs updating.
The new Council Plan and revisited 2030 Community Vision share common themes, so we hope to engage in one big conversation around planning for the next four years and further into the future.
Council will also ask the community to help it determine how it maintains and invests in community assets, via its Asset Plan and Financial Plan reviews.
Council invites your feedback on these two 10-year plan reviews, to help make sure they meet the existing and changing needs of the community.
The Stage 1 consultation period for all four plan reviews has started and will run until Friday 2 April, 2021.
Joining the conversation is easy – head to Your Wellington Your Say (your.wellington.vic.gov.au); find a 14 pop-up sessions listed below at a town near you; register for a workshop on Tuesday 30 March (via Zoom) or Wednesday 31 March (Port of Sale); or book a one-on-one or online chat.
For more information or to get involved, check out the short explainer video here, or contact Bodye Darvill, Coordinator Council Plan Engagement, on 5142 3082 or email@example.com
Join us for a pop-up session
• Seaspray - Saturday 6 March from 2-4pm - Seaspray Hall, Futcher St
• Loch Sport - Sunday 7 March from 11am-1pm - In front of Foodworks, Lake St
• Sale - Tuesday 9 March from 10.30am-1.30pm - Sale Botanic Gardens: Baby’s Day Out event
• Maffra - Wednesday 10 March from 11am-12.30pm - Macalister Park: Baby’s Day Out event
• Maffra - Wednesday 10 March from 12.30-2.30pm - In front of Woolworths, Johnson St
• Yarram - Friday 12 March from 11am-12.30pm - Memorial Park: Baby’s Day Out Event
• Yarram - Friday 12 March from 12.30-2pm - In front of Foodworks, Commercial Road
• Sale - Monday 15 March from 11.30am-1.30pm - Sale Mall, near Baker’s Delight
• Rosedale - Monday 15 March from 4-6pm - In front of IGA, Princes Hwy
• Gormandale - Saturday 20 March from 10am-noon - Community House BBQ event, 32 Hyland Hwy
• Boisdale - Wednesday 24 March from 7.30-9pm - Boisdale Progress meeting, Boisdale Hall, Main St
• Heyfield - Thursday 25 March from 11.30am-1.30pm - In front of IGA, George St
• Briagolong - Friday 26 March from 8-9.30am - Post office and school drop off, Maffra-Briagolong Road
• Briagolong - Friday 26 March from Noon-1.30pm - Community lunch, Briagolong Hall, Maffra-Briagolong Road
• Stratford - Saturday 27 March from 10am-1pm - Apex Park Playground Launch, Apex Park Rd
• Port Albert - Sunday 28 March from 11am–1pm - Next to Wharf Fish and Chips, Wharf St
• Golden Beach - Saturday 3 April from 10am-noon - Easter Market – RV site, Shoreline Drive
Join us online
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom link.
• Tuesday - 9 March from 7.30-8.30pm
• Thursday - 18 March from 4.30-5.30pm
• Wednesday - 17 March from 9.30-10.30am
• Saturday - 27 March from 3.30-4.30pm
Come to a workshop
Get involved in a four-hour workshop to discuss all the ideas and to prioritise what goes forward for consideration. Book in by calling 5142 3082 or emailing email@example.com
• Tuesday - 30 March from 5-9pm - Zoom
• Wednesday - 31 March from 10am-2pm - Wellington Room, Port of Sale