For information on which townships receive kerbside recycling service and what day to put your recycle bin out, visit our Bin Collection page.
Recycling at Transfer Stations
Recyclable items may be disposed of at Wellington Shire Council's Waste Facilities.
The following items may be recycled free of charge:
- Sorted recyclables (Plastics labelled with codes 1-7 (No polystyrene foam), glass bottles and jars, paper and cardboard (No waxed fruit boxes) and aluminium and steel cans (including aerosol cans and paint tins)
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil
- Farm chemical drums - See the Farm Waste section on our Waste page for details
- Gas cylinders
- Car batteries
The following items will incur a fee:
- Car tyres
- Green waste
Free Recycling (Domestic)
Residents may take recyclable items directly to Towards Zero's Sale Depot at Wellington Park Way, Sale from Monday to Friday between 8.30am - 5.00pm.
There are separate recycling bins available for paper and cardboard, scrap steel and co-mingled recyclables (glass bottles and jars, steel and aluminium cans, plastics with Recycle Codes 1 to 7).
Other Recycling Options
Alternative recycling programs and locations are shown below:
- Donate useable items to charity - See our Reduce Reuse Recycle webpage
- Recycle your mobile phone with MobileMuster
- See Planet Ark's Recycling Near You website
- Household batteries can be taken to your nearest Aldi supermarket
- Soft plastics can be recycled through the REDcycle program
- Printer cartridges can be recycled through Cartridges 4 Planet Ark
- Makeup, post packs, coffee pods, toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes can be recycled through Terracycle