The Wellington Access and Inclusion Advisory Group (WAIAG) provides strategic advice to Council on access and inclusion issues in our shire, and input into access and inclusion policy and planning.
The WAIAG consists of:
- People with disabilities
- Interested community members
- Representatives of community groups and services
- At least one Wellington Shire Councillor
- The Wellington Shire Council Social Planning and Policy Coordinator
- The Wellington Shire Council Rural Access Project Coordinator
- Council Officers will be in attendance as needed
The role of the WAIAG is to:
- Assist Council with communication on access and inclusion matters through their connections with their communities
- Identify and address access issues via the Access and Inclusion Policy and Action Planning process
- Promote access and inclusion throughout our shire
- Act as a reference group for the RuralAccess position located at Wellington Shire Council
- May take on other tasks as appropriate (e.g. Disability Access to Transport Working Group)
The WAIAG meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 12.30pm in the Wellington Room at the Port of Sale Civic Centre, 70 Foster Street, Sale. These meetings are supported by the Wellington Shire Council Community Wellbeing Unit. Unless otherwise determined WAIAG meetings are open to all interested community members.