A Community Plan identifies a community’s vision for its future and establishes what actions it can take to promote and achieve that vision.
The Purpose of a Community Plan
- Provide an opportunity for communities to come together to identify their strengths and prioritise areas for improvement
- Provide focus for people within communities to work towards the same goals
- Provide a guide to Council in their decision making
We are dedicated to providing support to our towns to develop their own Community Plans. Since 2006 we have continually employed at least one Community Facilitator to support communities, and to create and action their plans. Internal procedures and policies are continually reviewed to reflect our commitment to listening to the voices heard in these plans.
- Contact the group caretaking your town's plan, or with our Community Planning Officer
- Most towns have a Community Planning Group (CPG) that drives the community planning process, and you are most welcome to join
- CPGs are responsible to their community. They consult broadly to reflect the unbiased views of the majority, and are open and transparent
If you are interested in joining one of these dynamic groups in your community, please contact the group directly, or contact Council’s Community Engagement Officer on 1300 366 244.