For information on who gets a kerbside recycling service and what day to put your recycle bin out see our Bin Collection page.
For more information on what you can put in your recycle bin, see the Get it Right on Bin Night website.
Free Recycling at Transfer Stations
- Sorted recyclables (Plastics labelled with codes 1-7 (No polystyrene foam), glass bottles and jars, paper and cardboard (No waxed fruit boxes) and aluminium and steel cans (including aerosol cans and paint tins)
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil
- Farm chemical drums - See our Farm Waste page for details
- Gas cylinders
- Car batteries
- E-Waste (See below)
E-waste is any item that needs a plug or battery to work.
E-Waste is no longer permitted in Victoria's landfills. This therefore means that E-Waste cannot be disposed of in either your 120 litre rubbish bin, or 240 litre recycling bin.
E-waste may be recycled free of charge at any Wellington Shire Council Transfer Station or Landfill.
Examples of e-waste include:
- Computers and monitors, mice, keyboards, printers and faxes
- Entertainment Equipment – TV’s, VCRs, DVD players, remote controls, cameras and game consoles
- Mobile Phones/Telephones
- Power tools such as drills, electric mowers, sewing machines and electric mixers
- Other components including transformers and resistors
- Electronic games including computer game consoles
- Household appliances such as microwaves, toasters, irons, kettles, vacuum cleaners and hairdryers
Free Recycling for Local Domestic Users at Towards Zero's Sale Depot
- Monday to Friday between 8.30am - 5.00pm at Wellington Park Way, Sale
- Separate recycling bins available for paper and cardboard, scrap steel, co-mingled recyclables (glass bottles and jars, steel and aluminium cans, plastics with Recycle Codes 1 to 7)
Recycling at Transfer Stations - Fees apply
- Car tyres
- Green waste
Check tip charges and opening hours from our Waste Facilities page to see where above materials are accepted.