For information on who gets a kerbside recycling service and what day to put your recycle bin out see our Bin Collection page.
For more information on what you can put in your recycle bin, see the Get it Right on Bin Night website.
Free Recycling at Transfer Stations
- Sorted recyclables (Plastics labelled with codes 1-7 (No polystyrene foam), glass bottles and jars, paper and cardboard (No waxed fruit boxes) and aluminium and steel cans (including aerosol cans and paint tins)
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil
- Farm chemical drums - See our Farm Waste page for details
- Gas cylinders
- Car batteries
- E-Waste (Computers, computer related equipment and TVs) (Kilmany Resource Recovery Centre and Landfill and Yarram Transfer Station only)
Free Recycling for Local Domestic Users at Towards Zero's Sale Depot
- Monday to Friday between 8.30am - 5.00pm at Wellington Park Way, Sale
- Separate recycling bins available for paper and cardboard, scrap steel, co-mingled recyclables (glass bottles and jars, steel and aluminium cans, plastics with Recycle Codes 1 to 7)
Recycling at Transfer Stations - Fees apply
Check tip charges and opening hours from our Waste Facilities page to see where above materials are accepted.
Mobile Phone Recycling
Wellington Shire Council has partnered with MobileMuster, the official product stewardship program of the telecommunications industry in Australia, to provide a free recycling service to its residents. MobileMuster accepts all brands of mobile phones, plus their batteries, chargers and accessories. Everything collected is recycled to the highest environmental standard for resource recovery with nothing being resold. We do encourage deleting or removing any data that you want to keep from your SIM card or mobile phone, although any data left on the device is destroyed in the recycling process.
To recycle your old phone simply drop it into any one of our Libraries, or in to the Sale Service Centre.
More information on MobileMuster can be found by visiting www.mobilemuster.com.au