Council is seeking community feedback on the draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan, referred to as Healthy Wellington 2017-2021.
The draft Healthy Wellington 2017-2021 has been developed between Council and Wellington Primary Care Partnership in consultation with the community and partners. Over 150 representatives from Council, state government, non-government, health and community services attended a number of stakeholder workshops to identify the strategic direction and health priority areas. The document has also been informed by other feedback received from consultation on other Council strategies and plans such as Wellington 2030.
The top health priorities that have been identified for the next four years across Wellington Shire are to improve mental wellbeing, improve gender equality, improve healthy living and address climate change.
You can provide feedback through a variety of ways:
- Complete a community survey online at bit.ly/healthywellingtonsurvey or hard copies of the survey are available at Council’s Service Centres in Sale and Yarram, all Wellington Shire libraries, at The Wedge (Entertainment Centre), Gippsland Art Gallery, Aqua Energy, Yarram and District Health Service and Central Gippsland Health. Participants can choose to remain anonymous for this survey.
- Attend a community workshop:
Wednesday 16 August 2017 from 12.00pm to 2.30pm at The Yarram Club Hotel, 287 Commercial Road, Yarram (Lunch will be provided, all welcome – RSVP for catering purposes)
Tuesday 22 August 2017 from 6.00pm to 8.30pm at the Sale Baptist Church, Princes Highway, Sale (Dinner will be provided, all welcome – RSVP for catering purposes)
We are holding the workshops to:
- Inform the community on the draft Healthy Wellington 2017-2021 Plan (talk about the plan)
- Seek feedback from the community on the Plan
We want to (achieve):
- Get ideas from the community to help guide the development of the Action Plans for Healthy Wellington 2017-2021
- See if any community members are interested in being involved in future health and wellbeing projects.
To register for the lunch please contact: Community Health and Wellbeing Officer on 03 5142 3186 or email email@example.com.
Complete a public submission form. These are available at Council’s Service Centres in Sale and Yarram or by completing the link below.
Written submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: Community Wellbeing, Wellington Shire Council, PO Box 506, SALE, VIC 3850
- Verbal submissions can be made by telephoning 03 5142 3186.
Anonymous submissions will not be accepted. If a person wishes to remain anonymous you will need to complete the survey.
Anyone providing feedback will go into a prize draw to win an iPad (32 GB) and you can also nominate a not for profit community group or club who will also go into a draw to win a $500 donation that can go towards health and wellbeing activities or resources.
All submissions must be received by 5pm Tuesday 12 September 2017. Please ensure that your submission:
- Clearly identifies the document name (Draft Healthy Wellington 2017-2021)
- Sets out your views on the content of the document
- Sets out the changes that you would like to see in the document, if any
- Contains your contact details - including postal address (Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the submissions and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
You can view the draft Healthy Wellington 2017-2021 and associated documents by clicking on the links below. Hard copies are also available at any of Council’s libraries and the Customer Service Centres in Sale and Yarram.
If you have any queries, please contact a member of the Community Health and Wellbeing Officer on 1300 366 244.