Local Laws Permits

Information regarding permit types under Wellington Shire Council’s Local Law No. 2-5, fees associated with permits and how to apply for a permit.



+ Droving of Livestock

+ Grazing of Livestock

+ Keeping Animals

+ Movement of Livestock



+ Occupation of Caravan during construction of dwelling



+ Light an Outdoor Fire (Burn Permit)



Before applying please read our Roadside Trading Guidelines (3MB). There are 5 categories of roadside trading, please refer to the category of trading that most describes your trading activities.

+ Event Trading

+ Mobile Trading - Designated Locations

+ Not for Profit Trading

+ Street Stall Fundraising

+ Temporary Trading


Street and Footpath

+ Alfresco Dining (With or without endorsement to serve alcohol)

+ Bulk Rubbish Containers

+ Busking Activities

+ Collection on Roads

+ Portable Advertising/Display Goods for Sale

+ Street Parties, Festivals, Procession or Events


If you would like to apply for a different Local Law permit that is not mentioned above or for any further information regarding Local Laws permits, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 366 244.


Was this page useful?

Please enter the code from the image to continue: * Required