Council is seeking community feedback on the draft Wellington Access and Inclusion Plan 2017-2022. The draft plan sets the outcomes and actions for achieving accessible and inclusive service delivery within Council’s facilities, services and infrastructure.
It has been developed from a feedback received from community surveys, input from the Wellington Access and Inclusion Advisory Group and internal business units within Council.
The focus of the draft plan is:
- To increase accessible programs, services and events offered or funded by Council
- To increase accessible and inclusive information and communications produced by Council
- To increase inclusive employment opportunities at Council for people with disabilities
- For persons employed at Council to be informed about the access requirements of people with disabilities
- To increase advocacy for improved access and inclusion within the Wellington Shire community.
Comments and feedback can be made through a written submission. All submissions must be received by 5pm Friday 1 September 2017. Please ensure that your submission:
- Clearly identifies the document name (Draft Wellington Access and Inclusion Plan 2017)
- Sets out your views on the content of the document
- Sets out the changes that you would like to see in the document, if any
- Contains your contact details - including postal address (Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the submissions and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
You can view the draft Wellington Access and Inclusion Plan 2017 by clicking on the link below. A hard copy is also available at any of Council’s libraries and the Customer Service Centres in Sale and Yarram.
Written submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
Wellington Shire Council
PO Box 506
SALE VIC 3850
Verbal feedback can also be provided by contacting a member of the Community Wellbeing team on 1300 366 244.