Monday 09 January 2017
Wellington Shire Council is seeking your feedback after an internal review of its Responsible Gaming Policy developed in 2013 was undertaken recently.
Changes to the Policy have been made to reflect that Electronic Gaming Machines can have significant social, economic and health impacts on individuals, families and communities. These impacts are felt disproportionately by different segments of the community and more vulnerable groups tend to sustain the biggest losses.
There have also been instances in the past where the Responsible Gaming Policy has been used in formal proceedings such as hearings of the Victorian Commission of Gaming and Liquor Regulation.
The internal review of the Policy has resulted in several suggested changes:
- Renamed to Electronic Gaming Machine Policy
- Added information on the Wellington Shire Gaming Profile
- Inclusion of an Application and Assessment Process. This includes an Economic and Social Impact Assessment, and decision making framework to assist Council’s response to Electronic Gaming Machine applications
- Defined the role of Council in advocating and collaborating with community.
Comments and feedback on the draft Electronic Gaming Machine Policy can be made through a written submission.
Closing date for submissions is 5pm on Monday 30 January 2017. Please ensure that your submission includes:
- Your views on the Policy. For example, why you support or oppose the Policy and how the Policy may affect you
- The changes that you would like to see made to the Policy
- Your contact details - including postal address (Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the feedback and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
The draft Electronic Gaming Policy and the existing Responsible Gaming Policy can be viewed, free of charge, on Council’s website at www.wellington.vic.gov.au/gaming or at Council’s service centres in Sale and Yarram.
Written submissions should be sent to:
Acting Social Planning and Policy Coordinator
Wellington Shire Council
PO Box 506
SALE VIC 3850
If you require any further information, please contact Catherine Vassiliou or the Community Wellbeing Team on 1300 366 244 or email email@example.com