Where: Princes Highway, Rosedale
Council are seeking feedback on the Concept Plans that have been developed for improvements to the western entrance of Rosedale and Willow Park. These works have been identified as significant projects for Rosedale and are being delivered in conjunction to the streetscape works along Prince Street.
Western Entrance Beautification
The plan proposes that the current street trees between Hood Street west to the Coach Lamp Motel be removed and replaced with a variety of trees that will, over time, provide a significant town entry feature for Rosedale.
The proposal is seeking views from the community into whether this is required and to seek opinions as to the selected species chosen for their suitability to the location and climatic conditions, both now and into the future.
Council Officers have identified four species that might be considered for the planting. They are:
- Acer Rubrum - Autumn Blaze Maple
- Corymbia Eximia - Yellow Bloodwood
- Eucalyptus Sideroxylon - Ironbark
- Quercus Palustris - Pin Oak
Willow Park and Connecting Shared Path
The Rosedale Community Plan 2015 - 2018 identified the value of Willow Park and the desire to improve the area for users.
The Concept Plans recognise the importance of the reserve as an RV stopover and as community open space, as well as the importance of the link into town and proposes the following key actions:
- The construction of a public toilet facility
- A new picnic shelter and associated infrastructure
- The creation of a passive open space area around the picnic shelter
- Revegetation of areas along the Latrobe River and on embankments to improve biodiversity, amenity and reduce erosion
- Significant tree planting of indigenous species to improve amenity
- Install wayfinding signs at Willow Park and Mill Lane to direct path users to and from the Rosedale town centre.
Proposed Project Timelines
Works are expected to commence towards the end of the year and be completed by July 2018.
Community Engagement Activities
- Information in print media
- Display of plans at the Rosedale Neighbourhood House and Willow Park
- Information available from the Rosedale Library and the Sale Service Centre
Comments and feedback on the project can be made through a submission. All submissions must be received by 5pm Friday 15 September 2017. Please ensure that your submission:
- Clearly identifies the project name, Rosedale Revitalisation - Willow Park and Western Entrance
- Sets out your views on the project
- Sets out the changes that you would like to see, if any
- Contains your contact details - including postal address (Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the submissions and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
Written submissions can be made via the following methods:
- Email to Wellington Shire Council’s Open Space Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to: Open Space Planner, Rosedale Revitalisation – Willow Park & Western Entrance, Wellington Shire Council, PO Box 506, SALE VIC 3850
For further information please contact the Open Space Planner on 1300 366 244.
Rosedale Revitalisation Project