Stage 1 Works – Boat Ramp Upgrade
This part of the works has been awarded to SMC Marine Pty. Ltd. The works will include the following:
- Demolition, removal and disposal of existing northern jetty structure;
- Installation of a new floating pontoon and layby to replace the existing jetty (including area lighting, fish cleaning station, and a pedestrian access transition);
- Recondition of the existing pontoon (Including addition of a new layby, area lighting, fish cleaning station, and a new pedestrian access transition);
- Installation of a new modern light weight concrete dual lane boat ramp (with a 14T GCVM rating), and the renewal of the existing dual lane boat ramp with the same modern light weight concrete surface;
- Construction of new road approaches as required for the new boat ramp.
- Provision of a 2-metre-wide concrete manoeuvring ramp between the existing boat ramp and new boat ramp;
Works on the boat ramp are anticipated to commence at the start of 2018, and are due for completion in the first half of 2018.
Stage 2 Works – Parking improvements
Council is also funding a range of parking improvement works in the area. Works under this stage are planned to be tendered in the coming months, and are anticipated to run in conjunction with the boat ramp upgrades.