Commence Date: 01/08/2019
Where: Morison Street, Maffra
The Cameron Sporting Complex Stadium Redevelopment Project is being developed by Wellington Shire Council, Latrobe Valley Authority, Maffra Basketball Association and Maffra Gymnastic Club in partnership with the Victorian Government.
This project involves an extensive upgrade with the aim of becoming a regionally significant facility for gymnastics, enhancing the experience for existing and additional user groups and increasing participation in sport and recreation within the Maffra and surrounding districts.
The project will see the facility being able to be accessed by additional user groups, including Volleyball and Netball participants.
The contractor has commenced onsite and works are progressing well.
Scope of Works
- Development of two indoor multipurpose courts which allow for netball, basketball and volleyball compliant run-offs
- Extension of gymnastics facility to provide increased floor area and roof space to meet Gymnastic Victoria guidelines
- Redeveloped storage areas for indoor courts and gymnastics
- Refurbishment of existing amenities and foyer/reception
- New accessible change facilities
- Road realignment and car parking
- Permanent bench seating
The funding breakdown for the project is as follows:
$4,240,000 Wellington Shire Council
$3,000,000 Sport & Recreation Victoria (Better Indoor Stadiums Fund)
$1,000,000 Latrobe Valley Authority
$250,000 Maffra Basketball Association & Maffra Gymnastic Club
$8,490,000 Total Project Cost
August 2019 Construction commences
April 2021 Estimated project completion
Cameron Sporting Complex Stadium Redevelopment Project