Development Plans are used to guide the future use and development of particular areas of land such as new residential growth fronts. In doing so, Development Plans provide a degree of certainty about the nature of future land use or development.
Development Plans may include specific requirements relating to:
- The layout and form of future development.
- The future distribution of open space.
- The development of infrastructure, access, and movement corridors.
- Retention and development of existing environmental assets.
- Social and community issues.
Once a Development Plan is approved, all planning permits granted by the Responsible Authority (RA) must be ‘generally in accordance’ with the Development Plan. To fulfil this requirement, the Responsible Authority must test each proposal against the use and development requirements of the Development Plan.
List of Development Plans applying to land within Wellington Shire