Sale Sewerage Pump Station
Gippsland Water has reviewed existing wastewater service provision and identified the need for new infrastructure to respond to growth scenarios. The appropriate servicing solution to address capacity issues and respond to growth projections is the introduction of a new sewerage pump station (SPS) in Sale.
Amendment C97 is required to provide a land use zone to facilitate the development of a new SPS, which will provide essential infrastructure to service sustainable residential and industrial growth in and around Sale for the next 50 years.
C97 - Subject Land
Rezoning the land to Public Use Zone 1 will recognise the land for use as a public utility facility and will provide for associated uses that are consistent with the intent of the public land purpose. This will ensure statutory approval processes are streamlined to facilitate the efficient and effective planning and implementation of a piece of key infrastructure for the town.
Amendment C97 also includes the deletion of the Design and Development Overlay – Schedule 2 (DDO2) – Business/Industry Display Area and corrects a number of mapping anomalies within the Wellington Planning Scheme.
Inspecting a Copy of Amendment C97
Amendment C97 will be on public exhibition from Thursday 10 August 2017 until Monday 11 September 2017 and consists of the following documents:
The Amendment documents can be downloaded from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website or viewed in hard copy during office hours, at the Wellington Shire Council:
- Sale Service Centre (18 Desailly Street, Sale)
- Yarram Service Centre (156 Grant Street, Yarram)
Lodging a Submission
You can lodge a submission to Amendment C97 via the web form below or in writing. Your submission must be received by Wellington Shire Council no later than Monday 11 September 2017. Late submissions may not be accepted. Please ensure that your submission:
- Clearly identifies the Amendment name (Amendment C97 - Sale Sewerage Pump Station).
- Sets out your views on the Amendment, for example why you support or oppose the Amendment and how it will affect you.
- Sets out the changes that you would like to see to the Amendment.
- Contains your contact details - including postal address (Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the submissions and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
Written submissions should be sent to:
Strategic Planning Team
Wellington Shire Council
PO Box 506
SALE VIC 3850
Please note that in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, Section 21(2), Council must make all submissions available for public inspection at the Council Offices during the next steps of the amendment process.
For further information please contact the Strategic Planning Team on 1300 366 244.