Amendment C96 is proposing to implement the recommendations of the Heyfield Low Density Residential Land Supply Study, which was adopted during the Council Meeting of 18 April 2017.
The Heyfield Low Density Residential Land Supply Study provides independent recommendations to Council in relation to the availability of suitable, viable locations in proximity to Heyfield to provide for low density residential land (1 acre lots), which are developable within the short term (0-5 years).
In summary, the Amendment proposes to:
- Include the recommendations for Low Density Residential Development into Clause 21.08 – Heyfield Strategic Framework of the Wellington Planning Scheme;
- Make the Heyfield Low Density Residential Land Supply Study a reference document within the Wellington Planning Scheme; and
- Rezone two areas (Draper Road and Burrnett Court) in Heyfield to the Low Density Residential Zone.
The specific details relating to this Amendment can be found in the Fact Sheet (2MB).
The Amendment will be on public exhibition from Thursday 29 June to Monday 7 August 2017. Amendment C96 consists of the following documents:
The Amendment documents can also be downloaded from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website or can be viewed as hard copies at the following locations:
Can I comment on the proposed Amendment?
Yes, you can provide comments and feedback on Amendment C96 through a written submission or via the electronic form below. All submissions must be received by Monday 7 August 2017. Late submissions may not be accepted.
Please ensure that your submission:
- Clearly identifies the Amendment name (Amendment C96- Heyfield Low Density Residential Areas).
- Sets out your views on the Amendment, for example why you support or oppose the Amendment and how the Amendment will affect you.
- Sets out the changes that you would like to see to the Amendment.
- Contains your contact details - including postal address (Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the submissions and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
Your submission should be sent to:
Sabine Provily, Strategic Planner
Wellington Shire Council
PO Box 506
SALE VIC 3850
Please note that in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, Section 21(2), Council must make all submissions available for public inspection at the Council Offices during the next steps of the Amendment process. Please contact us if you have not received an acknowledgement letter/ email within two weeks of closure of the exhibition period.
For further information, please contact Sabine Provily (Strategic Planner) on 1300 366 244 or email@example.com.