Council has, during the Council Meeting of 21 March 2017, considered all submissions and has adopted Amendment C90. Council is now awaiting ministerial approval of the Amendment. Submitters will be directly notified once the Minister for Planning has made his decision.
Amendment C90 proposes the rezoning of Precincts 3 and 11 of the Longford Development Plan. Council received two private rezoning requests for the Precincts in 2016 and has now combined them into a single Amendment. Amendment C90 proposes the following:
Precinct 3 (East of the Longford Golf Course)
- Rezone land at 2677-2679 Rosedale-Longford Road, 2631 Rosedale-Longford Road and 41 Brennans Road, Longford from Farming Zone (FZ) to the Township Zone (TZ). Without the availability of reticulated sewer, lots in this area will be required to have a minimum lot size of 4,000 m2 (1 acre).
- Apply a Development Plan Overlay - Schedule 10 (DPO10) to the rezoned land.
- Rezone a small portion of land from Farming Zone to Comprehensive Development Zone - Schedule 1 (CDZ1) to correct a zoning anomaly.
Precinct 11 (North of Boundary Creek Road, Longford)
- Rezone land at 233 and 245 Seaspray Road and 1 Cobb Road, Longford from Farming Zone to the Rural Living Zone - Schedule 5 (RLZ5). The Rural Living Zone – Schedule 5 will allow subdivision to lots with a minimum lot size of 6,000 m2 (1.5 acres).
- Apply a Development Plan Overlay – Schedule 10 to the rezoned land.
Inspecting a full copy of Amendment C90
The Amendment documents can be downloaded from the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website
Hard copies of the Amendment documents can be inspected, free of charge, from Thursday 15 December 2016 during opening hours at the offices of the Wellington Shire Council:
- Sale Service Centre (18 Desailly Street, Sale)
- Yarram Service Centre (156 Grant Street, Yarram)
For further information, please contact Sabine Provily (Strategic Planner) on 1300 366 244.