In May 2016, Council received a request to rezone land within the Wurruk Growth Area. The subject land is identified for residential development within the Sale, Wurruk and Longford Structure Plan (2010). The Structure Plan advocates for the creation of well designed, complete neighbourhoods that are integrated with the existing adjoining residential areas and local facilities in Wurruk.
The amendment proposes to:
- Rezone land which is not flood prone to General Residential Zone - Schedule 1 (normal density lots) and Low Density Residential Zone.
- Rezone the flood prone area to the South and Kilmany Park Estate to the Rural Activity Zone.
- Apply the Land Subject to Inundation Overlay and Flood Overlay to flood prone areas within the Planning Scheme Amendment area.
- Reduce the extent of the existing Heritage Overlay, which applies to the Kilmany Park Estate, and update the associated Heritage Citation and relevant Clauses.
- Apply the Development Plan Overlay – Schedule 9 to the subject land - excluding the Kilmany Park Estate.
The specific implications and other details concerning this amendment can be found in the Fact Sheet (2MB).
The Amendment was placed on public exhibition between Thursday 17 November 2016 and Monday 9 January 2017. The following Amendment documents were placed on exhibition:
The Amendment documents can also be downloaded from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Twenty-six submissions were received. At its meeting of 7 March 2017, Council considered the submissions to Amendment C84 and requested the Minister for Planning to appoint a Planning Panel.
The independent Planning Panel was appointed on 22 March 2017 and a hearing took place on 5, 6 and 7 July 2017. The hearing also included an accompanied site visit on 11 July 2017. The report of the Planning Panel can be viewed using the link below. Hard copies of the Panel Report are available to view at the Customer Service Centres in Sale and Yarram.
Panel Hearing Documents
The following additional documents were presented at the Panel Hearing:
Rezoning Request Application Documents
The original rezoning request included the following supporting background documentation:
Submitters will be kept informed of the amendment process as it progresses.
Hard copies of the amendment and related documents can be inspected, free of charge, during office hours, at our Sale or Yarram Service Centres. For further information, please contact a member of the Strategic Planning team on 1300 366 244 or email email@example.com