Amendment C103 - West Sale Industrial Land Rezoning
What is Amendment C103?
Council, in conjunction with Urban Enterprise, recently prepared the ‘West Sale and Wurruk Industrial Land Supply Strategy’ (the ILS) which was adopted by Council at its ordinary meeting of 19 June 2018. The strategy investigated three sites or ‘Candidate Areas’ (Figure 2) nominated within the ‘Sale, Wurruk and Longford Structure Plan (2010)’ for potential future industrial growth. These are located:
- To the west of the existing industrial zoned land in Wurruk;
- To the north of the Princes Highway and to the east of the West Sale Aerodrome, and
- To the south of the Princes Highway and east of the Fulham Correctional Centre.
Figure 2 - Investigated candidate areas
Candidate Area 2 is recommended within the ILS as the primary opportunity to provide industrial land. Rezoning of industrial land in this location has the potential to form part of a broader economic precinct which incorporates the West Sale Aerodrome and is supported by major road, rail and air distribution infrastructure.
Planning Scheme Amendment C103 seeks to implement the recommendations of the ILS through the rezoning of the land identified as Candidate Area 2 from the Farming Zone to the Industrial 1 Zone and by applying a Design and Development Overlay and Development Plan Overlay to ensure development takes place in coordinated manner and appropriate built form is achieved.
The Amendment seeks to provide sufficient, appropriately zoned industrial land in the vicinity of Sale and Wurruk in order to meet the forecast demand over a short-medium term (five to ten-year period) and that its future development can occur in a coordinated and timely manner.
Inspecting a full copy of Amendment C103
The Amendment documents can be downloaded from Thursday 7 March 2019 from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/schemes-and-amendments/browse-amendments
Hard copies of the Amendment documents can be inspected, free of charge, from Thursday 7 March, at the following locations:
- Sale Service Centre, 18 Desailly Street, Sale
- Yarram Service Centre, 156 Grant Street, Yarram
Lodging a Submission
You can lodge a submission to Amendment C103 via the form below or in writing. Your submission must be received by Wellington Shire Council no later than Monday 8 April 2019. Late submissions may not be accepted.
Please ensure that your submission:
- Clearly identifies the Amendment name (Amendment C103 – West Sale Industrial Land Rezoning);
- Sets out your views on the Amendment, for example, why you support or oppose the Amendment and how it will materially affect you;
- Sets out the changes that you would like to see to the Amendment, and
- Contains your contact details - including postal address (name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider the submissions and to notify people of the next steps in the process).
Submissions should be sent to:
Wellington Shire Council
ATTN: Ben Proctor, Strategic Planner
PO Box 506
SALE VIC 3850
Please note that in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, Section 21(2), Council must make all submissions available for public inspection at the Council Offices during the next steps of the Amendment process.
For further information, please contact Ben Proctor (Strategic Planner) on 1300 366 244.