Council has now commenced a study known as the ‘West Sale and Wurruk Industrial Land Supply Strategy’, which aims to strategically justify, rezone and facilitate the development of appropriate new industrial land in the short to medium term (5-10 years) within West Sale and/or Wurruk.
The key objectives of the Strategy include:
- Establishing and assessing the existing available industrial land supply and future industrial land requirements in the short-medium term;
- Provide for a supply of lot sizes that can accommodate a variety of different industrial uses;
- Developing design guidelines to manage the visual, physical and environmental impacts of future development on the locality; and
- Identifying the key infrastructure requirements (including associated financial costs) that are necessary to ‘unlock’ the potential for the development of the identified additional land in the short-medium term that will assist in delivering the land to the market.
Urban Enterprise planning consultants have been appointed to undertake the study and to provide appropriate recommendations to Council.
The three Candidate Areas identified within the Sale, Wurruk and Longford Structure Plan (2010) for potential future industrial growth are:
- Candidate Area 1: located to the immediate west of the existing industrial zoned land in Wurruk;
- Candidate Area 2: located to the east of the West Sale Aerodrome and north of the Princes Highway; and
- Candidate Area 3: located to the south of the Princes Highway and east of the Fulham Correctional Centre.
The location of each Candidate Area is illustrated in Figure 1 (below).
Business Information Exchange Session
If you are an existing business owner/operator currently located on industrial or commercial land in Sale and are interested in providing input into the Strategy, then Council is interested in hearing from you and strongly encourages you to attend the upcoming Business Information Exchange Session.
Venue: Wellington Entertainment Centre (Foyer), 100 Foster Street, Sale
Date: Tuesday 1 August 2017
Time: 5.00pm - 6.00pm
Next Steps in the Process
Background research and a review of each of the Candidate Areas is currently underway, and includes an analysis of urban planning, economic, property, infrastructure, traffic, natural environmental and cultural heritage issues.
The next Newsletter will be distributed following the completion of the Analysis, Issues and Options Paper, which is expected to be completed in October 2017.
For further information, please contact Barry Hearsey (Coordinator Strategic Planning) on 1300 366 244 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to receive newsletters in relation to this project directly, please forward your contact details to the email address above.