VicSmart is a streamlined assessment process for straightforward planning permit applications. Key features of the VicSmart permit process are:
- A decision is expected to be made by Council officers within 10 business days;
- Classes of VicSmart applications are specified in the planning scheme;
- The applicant is expected to submit all necessary information with the application including any referral authority approval before lodging the application to Council;
- Applications are exempt from public advertising (notification);
- The application is only assessed against specific pre-set decision guidelines;
- Only the applicant has a right of review to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
To qualify for the VicSmart permit process, your proposal must be listed and located in a zone or overlay under the VicSmart classes of application. The Applicant’s Guide to Lodging a VicSmart Application will help you to determine whether your planning permit application qualifies under the VicSmart permit process. The guide will advise you on how to prepare and lodge a VicSmart application and what information you must submit with your application. Council’s Planning Facilitator can also be contacted on 1300 366 244 to assist.
To apply for a VicSmart Planning Permit you will need to submit:
A Credit Card Payment Form (140KB) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your completed application form and supporting documentation.
It is preferred that all applications be emailed to email@example.com (no hard copies are required if you lodge electronically).
Example site, floor and elevation plans are provided below for 3 different application types:
A new agricultural shed
A commercial development
An industrial warehouse
For further information about VicSmart applications, please contact Council's Planning Facilitator on 1300 366 244.