Wellington Shire council is offering Environmental Upgrade Agreements to businesses that own or lease rateable commercial, non-residential buildings or farming properties.
What is an Environmental Upgrade Agreement (EUA)?
An EUA is a long term, low interest loan for environmental works repaid via quarterly Council rates. Businesses and business landlords can apply for finance to fund any projects that help manage their energy, water or waste performance.
How does it work?
The finance provider provides the upfront capital (up to 100%) that businesses and farmers need to make sustainability improvement to their buildings or operations.
The EUA finance is secured against your property rather than the property owner, with repayments collected by Council for distribution to the finance provider. This structure makes the EUAs a lower risk for finance providers and allows them to offer more attractive finance terms.
What can I upgrade?
- Installation of solar panels
- Measures that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save or generate energy.
- Lighting upgrades to more efficient lighting e.g. LED, lighting controls and daylight sensors.
- Heating, cooling and ventilation improvements.
- Efficient unit replacement e.g. pumps and variable speed control equipment.
- Electronic control equipment e.g. power control of motors, pumps, boilers and air heating/cooling systems.
- Rainwater harvesting and filtration systems.
- Wastewater, grey/black water recycling/treatment for re-use of water.
- Water efficiency measures
What are the benefits?
- Protect your business from rising energy prices
- Replace old and inefficient equipment with newer more efficient technologies.
- Free up cash flow by locking in competitive long-term rates.
See how Minogue Dairy Farm used EUA’s to ensure they didn’t lose milk production during power blackouts.
How do I apply?
To enquire about applying for a EUA contact Sustainable Australia Fund. They will check your eligibility and assist you throughout the application process.
Phone: 1300 432 044
For more information contact Wellington Shire Council’s Sustainability Project Officer on 1300 366 244.