What We Do For You
The services our Economic Development unit provides include:
- Support local business retention, expansion and help to maximise their potential
- Assist business and industry identify appropriate land for development
- Provide links to business support networks
- Support business and industry to develop opportunities that increase skills, sustainability, employment creation and investment
- Identify initiatives and work with the business community to attract new industry to the region
- Promote our shire as a place to live, work and invest
- Provide the first point of contact for information, referral and support in relation to government grant opportunities or assistance with the application process
- Network with relevant authorities to assist local business and industry
- Lobby government for resources to improve infrastructure and service provision
Starting or Expanding a Business?
If you need information on various aspects involved in starting or managing a business the Wellington Shire Council has developed a Small Business Guide (2MB) summary brochure which will provide you with a starting point for your review.
Business Associations/Chambers of Commerce
Business and Tourism Associations, Chambers of Commerce and Traders and Tourism Associations do a great job in addressing local opportunities and issues and providing a unified voice to Council and other levels of Government. Associations also provide valuable networking and professional development opportunities to members. To join your local association please see the contact details below.
Business Support Database and Opportunities
You can register your interest in being on the Wellington Shire Business database to receive relevant business support opportunities from us via email. Note: Your details will not be passed onto any third parties as per the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, Part 3.
Additional Sources of Information and Support