The Wellington Shire has a remarkably diverse industrial landscape, which also translates to the workforce. Ranging from aviation to oil and gas, and from agriculture to professional services, there are employment and investment possibilities for a wide variety of interests and specialties.
Why Invest in Wellington?
- High order infrastructure and utilities, including water, electricity and telecommunications
- Availability of industrial land
- Climate and the availability of water
- Affordable land choices and real estate
- Diverse business opportunities
- Excellent vocational, education and professional development opportunities
- Established road, rail and air network
The region offers very real opportunities to experience a healthy and prosperous lifestyle with quality health and education facilities, coupled with high quality business and recreational opportunities. With a very stable workforce and natural wonders all nearby in every direction, Wellington Shire provides a great place to live, work and enjoy.
Economic Development Unit
Our Economic Development Unit works in partnership with neighbouring councils, State and Federal government agencies, industry and community to support new initiatives and projects for the region. A key function is to link business with government, facilitate supporting infrastructure and relationship management. Our focus is on enhancing competitiveness, increasing sustainable growth and improving outcomes for the community as a whole.
For a thorough understanding of Wellington Shire Council’s direction regarding economic development and tourism development, see our Economic Development and Tourism Strategy.