In accordance with the Building Act 1993, Wellington Shire Council provides a Municipal Building Surveyor as part of the Council's Municipal Building Department, who undertakes a number of functions including:
- Advising on when a building permit is required
- Viewing building permits submitted to council
- Enforcement of safety and building standards in accordance with the Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations 2006
- Issue of Occupancy Permits for Places of Public Entertainment
- Issuing report and consent for varying the building regulations
- Provide comments in relation to applications for regulation modifications
- Providing information to other practitioners, property owners and solicitors/conveyancers including information on; building permits relating to designated areas (eg. Land liable to flooding/uncontrolled overland drainage and termite), copies of building plans, building/occupancy permits and relevant building information
- Site visits and inspections relating to illegal buildings and works
- Issue of notices and orders and prosecutions for illegal works
Private Building Surveyors
In accordance with our Procurement Policy (1MB), Wellington Shire Council does not recommend, or provide, contact information for Private Building Surveyors.
For further information regarding Private Practitioners please contact the Victorian Building Authority on 1300 815 127 or visit www.vba.vic.gov.au.